Houston, why do you want to keep your spine aligned?
First of all what determines “good alignment?” A properly aligned body refers to a position in which the head, shoulders, spine, hips, knees and ankles align in a position that puts minimal pressure on the spine. Let us give you some reasons why this is important:
- Good spinal alignment contributes to better body mechanics and fewer injuries
- Good spinal alignment protects and aids in the functioning of the central nervous system
- Good spinal alignment facilitates the optimal functioning of all your major bodily systems
What can you do outside the chiropractor’s office to keep your spine aligned
Here are some of the most important things you can do to keep your spine aligned.
- Chiropractic care: we detect where you spine has gone out of alignment and help you determine why, before correcting it and setting a course to prevent it from happening again
- Maintaining a healthy weight: to keep excess pressure off the spine.
- Learn good posture: especially if you sit at your job. Sitting is the worst position for the spine and contributes to a lot of dysfunction and misalignment
- Focus on strengthening the stabilizing muscles: to support the spine and prevent injury.
Chiropractic is the number one thing you can do to keep your spine aligned
Proper spinal alignment is one of the number one gifts you can give your body- both in terms of feeling well in the moment and preserving your body so you can feel well in the future. If you are interested in learning more about how a properly aligned spine can change your life for the better, give our office in Houston a call to schedule an appointment today.