Posts Tagged ‘holidays’
When Christmas Time Puts your Back at Risk
Holidays and back pain go together
Below we have brainstormed a quick list of Christmas-specific risk factors for your spine:
- The tree: everything from cutting it to setting it up and adorning it with ornaments. Trees are heavy! Take care to use proper form when lifting and moving.
- The shopping: stress leads to muscle tension; tight muscles pull your spine out of alignment.
- The lifting of young relatives: any lifting motions should be performed with care.
- The sitting around: lack of activity is a cardinal threat to your spinal health.
- The consumption of booze and other inflammatory ingredients
Holiday Indulgence without Sacrificing your Fitness Gains
Go ahead and indulge this holiday season
Indulging is good for the soul; a single slice of pie can bring a measure of happiness that is hard to find elsewhere. But there is such a thing as diminishing returns on each consecutive slice of pie. And while overindulgence is symptomatic of the holiday season, it is always worth keeping things in perspective when it comes to your physical fitness. At Holmes Chiropractic, we are in the business of body balance- and the holiday season is a consistent challenge for the fitness of our patients. Here are some friendly holiday reminders from your chiropractor.