Posts Tagged ‘hydration’
2018 Energy Equation: More H2O, Less Caffeine
How bad do you really need caffeine?
Here’s a classic paradox of American society: while some health experts estimate that as many as 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated, caffeine consumption is on the rise. We are literally ignorning the one ingredient that nourishes every cell in our body while consistently stimulating our central nervous system with a psychoactive drug. In other words, we are ignoring natural energy and choosing fabricated energy. And the list of side-effects that caffeine consumption continues to grow:
- Contributes to sleep disorders
- Stomach irritation
- Headaches due to dependency
- Restlessness, nervousness and anxiety
- Can worsen symptoms of a number of conditions including diabetes, epilepsy and glaucoma
- Contributes to acclerated bone loss by increasing the amount of calcium that is disposed of through urine.
The fact is that everyone’s body interacts with caffeine differently. And while only you know if you are drinking too much caffeine on a daily basis, it is worth asking if you are drinking enough water. H2O, when properly consumed, can also boost energy and may actually help you perform even better than caffeine.