If you don’t do anything else on the physical activity spectrum today…
- Lay down on the carpet or on a yoga mat with your legs flat and extended.
- Bring your right knee up to your chest and clasp with your hands
- Press your lower back into the ground.
- Now start gently moving your right knee, using it as a joystick to relieve tension in your hips.
- Do this for up to 30 seconds, practicing deep breaths the entire time.
- Repeat with the other leg.
This stretch focuses on relieving tension from the hips, which are often tight after a day at the office. Tight hip flexors spell trouble for your spine- they contribute to anterior pelvic tilt, a condition that pulls your spine out of alignment at its very base. By relieving tension in the hip flexors, you are taking the first step toward remedying this situation.
Daily purposeful stretching is the tonic the doctor ordered
So many of us find ourselves too busy to even stretch for 1 second during a given day. But if you can only discipline yourself to get down on the floor for 60 seconds, you may establish a habit that leads to a better quality of life. We urge you not to let your job or your lifestyle get the better of your spine. We want to help you provide your spine with the daily support it needs to keep you comfortable throughout all of life’s activities. Give our office a call to schedule an appointment today.