What is a way that you can immediately feel better, mentally and physically? The answer is simple and natural: drink more water.
Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining good health and overall well-being. The human body is made up of about 60% water, and water is needed for numerous bodily functions, including regulating body temperature, carrying nutrients and oxygen to cells, and removing waste products. Dehydration can lead to a range of negative health outcomes, including fatigue, headaches, constipation, and kidney problems. It is important to drink enough water and fluids throughout the day to stay properly hydrated. The amount of water a person needs can vary based on factors such as age, activity level, and climate. It is recommended that adults drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Other sources of fluids, such as herbal tea or fruit juice, can also contribute to overall hydration. Staying hydrated can help to maintain physical and mental health, and is an important aspect of self-care.
As practitioners and proponents of holistic health, there are few things we can recommend more highly than getting your daily dose of H2O. What to expect from consuming your daily recommended amount of water (1 quart per 50 pounds of body weight per day)
- Clearer mental function
- Better physical performance
- Better metabolic and digestive function
- Healthier skin
- Lubricated joints and healthier muscles
- Better disposal of toxins
- Cools down your body
The list just goes on. However, throughout history, humans have been focusing on inventing tasty alternatives that distract us from consuming water. Water is often deemed to be too simple and bland in flavor. Perhaps this makes it unattractive: more people than ever reach for coffee, soda, and energy drinks which contain less hydrating qualities, but more sugar and caffeine which can wreak havoc on your immune system.
Ways to drink more water:
- Purchase a water bottle that you like and spruce it up with stickers. Make it something that you take around with you in your bag, like a best friend. Drink from it regularly and before you know it, it will be ingrained in your brain: you won’t feel the same without it by your side.
- Flavor your water naturally. Fill a pitcher with water and slice up fruit or citrus to put in it. Keep it in your fridge for a cold, refreshing treat.
When your body is low on water, your organs are forced to ration what they have, meaning they don’t function optimally. Make sure you are properly hydrated during the day and you will feel better, it’s a promise. Making changes to your diet to effect improvement in your well-being can be overwhelming. We urge you not to take this burden entirely on yourself, we are here to help! Give our office a call and schedule an appointment today.