The success of your workout is influenced by what you do afterwards.
The degree to which your workout will actually benefit and improve your physical fitness is heavily determined by the actions you take afterwards. At Holmes Chiropractic, we urge you to get the most out of every workout by observing a few simple guidelines afterwards.
The follow up is as important as the workout
- Immediately after the workout, stretch. Focus on stretching muscles that you were exercising to help them recover quicker and facilitate the muscle growth process.
- Keep weight training and cardio separate: cardio can hamper hypertrophy that helps you build muscle.
- Eat soon afterwards: the sooner the better, as a general rule you need to replenish your body with protein and carbohydrate within one hour of your workout.
- Hydrate to replenish lost fluids, lubricate joints and regulate body temperature.
- Rest is as important as working out. Observing a proper period of rest is essential for giving your muscles the time they need to rebuild before you cause them more stress.
Maintaining physical health with the help of chiropractic in Houston
At our office in Houston, we specialize in helping people feel their best. This takes into account chiropractic care for maintaining the alignment of the spine and nervous system, but also supporting people’s endeavors in physical health. Chiropractic itself is an important follow up to working out as the hands-on modalities we provide speed the repair and regrow process of muscle building. If you are interested in how our services can help you feel your best, give our office in Houston a call to schedule an appointment today.